Today’s post comes with a big thank you to the wonderful abisblogx who kindly nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
This is the first time my blog has been nominated for anything like this and it was such a lovely surprise! I hope this post helps you to find out a little more about me…
The rules are –
1. Thank the person that nominated you
2. Answer the questions from the person that nominated you
3. Nominate some other bloggers for this award
4. Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you have nominated
5.Notify the bloggers you have nominated
The questions that abisblogx asked were:
1. Coffee or tea?
2. Favourite Foundation
3. Where do you get your blog posts inspiration from?
4. Do you have any beauty hacks?
5. What’s your favourite makeup brand?
6. What’s your favourite non makeup brand?
7. Where’s your favourite place in the world?
8. What do you hope to achieve from your blog?
9. Favourite series?
10. Favourite singer?
11. What’s your biggest pet peeve?
So here we go with my answers to the questions put to me:
1. Coffee all the way – Strong, splash of milk and no sugar and at least 5 cups per day! In Scotland we have a saying, ‘Irn Bru gets you through!’ As much as I love a cold glass of Irn Bru, nothing quite gets me through the day like coffee does!
2. I have a split decision with this one! I love Perricone MD No Foundation Foundation and it is fast becoming my go to foundation for the most natural looking base possible. I have only been using it one month though and I am still in love with my Too Faced Born This Way Foundation (I use this in my makeup kit too).
3. Most of my inspired thoughts and ideas come to me when I am in the shower. I find its when my mind is most quiet from external influences. I mainly attribute my post inspirations to my three children, Euan (the teenager), Steven (the middle child) and Livia (currently going through the terrible two’s), along with my Husband, Brian. I am blessed to have a happy wee family to share in lots of laughter and fun in our home. I also have a natural draw towards beautiful things and a need to make things look pretty and this is where my blog posts tend to take shape from.
4. A beauty hack for those of you, like myself, who suffer from watery eyes. The amount of times I have finished doing my makeup, only to find that ten minutes later my left eye is watering like the Niagra Falls, so frustrating! Anyway, I have found that placing a small amount of Vaseline (petroleum jelly) to the outer corner of my eye, works well to prevent the watering to extend out of my eye. (Can you tell I did nothing but watch Rocky films as a child.)
5. For my favourite makeup brand, I think I am going to have to go with Too Faced Cosmetics. I really do love their gorgeous packaging and use so many of their products, from their Hangover Primer to their awesome ‘Better than Sex’ mascara. The fact that they are a cruelty free brand has such an appeal to me too.
6. My favourite non makeup brand comes in the form of jewellery and is the ‘Nomination’ brand. I currently have three Nomination bracelets on the go…
Each charm on my bracelets represents a little bit of my life, with each being very special to me.
7. Of all the places I have travelled and been to in the world, including Hong Kong, Italy, France and most Spanish Islands, my favourite place in the world is my nursing chair, where I spent many days and nights feeding Livia. This is a place that brought me such comfort during the hardest times. I lost my Dad when Livia was 6 months old, after losing my Mum 4 years before, and those quiet times I spent with Livia in that chair in the wee small hours, when the rest of the world was still, meant so much to me.
8. I started my blog in the hope of reaching out to as many of you as possible, with honest and comprehensive reviews of products. Nothing makes me more happy and contented than helping people and I want to help you spend your time and money wisely when heading off on beauty product pursuits.
9. Favourite series – I actually have two and they couldn’t be more different! I love Call the Midwife and The Walking Dead.
10. My favourite singer of all time is Freddie Mercury. The distinctive, flamboyant voice of this legend is unmistakable. I grew up listening to it and it still sends chills down my spine.
11. My biggest pet peeve in Life, is NEGATIVITY. I cannot stand to be around it, have you ever noticed how drained you feel if you have had the misfortune of spending time with someone moaning about nothing or ripping someone else’s character to shreds? AVOID, AVOID, AVOID and if you can, get rid of this influence in your life.
My nominations for the sunshine blogger award are:
These girls all have amazing blogs, which I personally love to read, they are all so varied. You should definitely go check them out.
My questions for the sunshine blogger award are:
1. Modern technology, is it beneficial or harmful to our society?
2. What is your desert island makeup or skincare product?
3. What is your favourite clothes shop/designer?
4. What is your favourite time of year?
5. Who is your favourite makeup artist?
6. Who has influenced and inspired you most in your life?
7. A song that takes you back to your childhood?
8. Favourite lipstick?
9. How do you stay positive when things get tough?
10. The most beautiful place you have ever seen with your own eyes?
11. What is your must have beauty item?
I am looking forward to reading your posts! Thank you once again to abisblogx for my nomination, it was refreshing to post around a specific set of questions.
Thanks for reading everyone!